“De som vill sjunga hittar alltid en sång” – Swedish proverb
Dill was never something I was much into, because my west-mediterranean family has never used it for cooking. Then I tried IKEA’s sauce for salmon and however unhealthy, I felt immediately in love with that lovely new taste behind the sugar. Now I only had to find a healthy dish it could go with, and came upon a recipe from the Gluten Free Vegan Girl. Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present you: Vegan Cream of Cauliflower with Dill.
This adaptation of her vegan recipe uses dill and a bay leaf as herbs, oats milk as a non dairy milk (sorry it’s not gluten-free anymore), and plain water and celery instead of vegetable broth. If you are going to use celery, please choose organic at least for this once, conventionally grown celery has high pesticide residue. What I do is buying it at the farmer’s market, cutting it into pieces and freezing it, then I always have some in hand for when I need it.
For two servings I used:
– Half an onion
– Half a garlic clove
– A small potato (organic)
– Half a cauliflower (organic)
– Half carrot (organic)
– A quarter a glass of oats milk (just the one I had around)
– A little piece of celery (organic)
– As she suggests: sauté onion and garlic in a pot until onion is transparent. Then added chopped potato and carrot and cooked a little longer. I always use olive oil, but try to keep it as low as possible, few drops, so never more than a tea spoon.
– The following thing was adding water, the cauliflower, a piece of celery, a pinch of dill, salt and half a bay leaf. Left boiling for some fifteen minutes. Blended. Added the milk. She suggests heating it up all again after the milk. I did not, was too hungry. In any case the soup was warm enough to keep warm even with the milk. So that was it.
My conclusion: an overall outstanding recipe. Comforting. Healthy. And if it can be this good after my wrongdoings, it’s so easy anybody can do it. Give it a try, sing-along and… Smaklig måltid!
Check on Instagram